Why Become an Author?
Attention Business Owners
- Are you looking for a way to establish your expertise, increase your credibility, get more clients and increase your fees?
- Do you dream of becoming an author, but become overwhelmed and frustrated with the steps involved?
- Do you want to know how to build your business, while working less than you do right now?
Take Advantage of This No-fail Marketing Tool That Will Result in:
- A fuller schedule and higher paying clients.
- A loyal fan list that will hire and buy from you.
- More of the highly coveted clients you desire.
- Additional exposure to your business and traffic to your web site.
- Ability to charge higher fees—even as much as quadrupling your current asking price.
- Establishing your expertise overnight—expertise that you don’t have to explain because no one will question you.
- Attracting media interviews, partners, and more speaking engagements.
- A path to create multiple revenue streams.
If This Interests You, Read on…
There’s a way to achieve those items and much more—including a feeling of self-satisfaction in doing something so many just dream of doing: writing a book. In fact, you probably realize that having your book has become as necessary as having a website or a business card—in fact, your book is your business card. But if You’ve Tried to Write a Book, You Know There Can be Problems.
IT IS VERY TIME-CONSUMING WORK TO WRITE A BOOK – You’ve probably heard the statistic that four out of five of us want to write a book. The fact is that few of us realize that dream. Let’s face it, writing a book is hard work and it takes a lot of time. With so many things pulling at our attention, it’s hard to find the hours needed to sit down and write. Perhaps you’ve scheduled some “book writing time” in your appointment book and held true to a couple of them, but then found them going by the wayside as other items seemed to take priority. Or maybe things stalled as you realized that writing a book was a much bigger project than you originally thought, and you became frustrated and overwhelmed by the process.
SELECTING A BOOK SUBJECT – Say you do have the time and the energy to write a book, how do you know what to write about? Whether you’ve been working in your field for a while or are just getting started, you probably have a fairly large “knowledge base,” but how do you pick your topic and then narrow or expand the subject matter for a book? Next, how do you make sure your book is one people will want to read and be engaged in once they start reading? As an example, you wouldn’t stand up and start speaking about just anything; your book has to have purpose and focus so it connects to your audience. You’ll agree that you don’t want to waste your time putting a book together that’s not going to get you the desired results.
WRITING CAN BE VERY CHALLENGING – If you are looking to write a book to be used as a tool to grow your business and gain exposure for increased opportunities, you are probably not a writer. You are an entrepreneur whose skills are vast but may not include writing. Some wannabe authors look into hiring a ghostwriter. But hiring a ghostwriter can come at a pretty steep price, as much as $50 a page! (If you had that kind of money, you wouldn’t need to write a book in the first place!) You also have to do a fair amount of research and questioning to make sure you find a ghostwriter who understands you, your book concept and how you want to use your book after it’s done.
FINDING THE RIGHT PUBLISHER CAN BE TRICKY – Should you self-publish or shop your book to a traditional publisher? There are pros and cons to both; however, one of the problems with seeking a traditional publisher is the length of time until publishing—once accepted, it can take two years or longer before your book hits store shelves. It seems to make more sense to self-publish, doesn’t it? The good news is that self-publishing options abound, which makes getting your book in print much easier and faster. But it also presents its own host of challenges. Do a search on “book publishing” and you’ll come up with more than 400 million sites to wade through. How do you know what company will do a good job in not only putting your words in print but also helping you select, for example, front and back cover designs so your book will draw interest? Besides, who has the time and energy to become a self-made expert in publishing?
AFTER YOUR BOOK IS PUBLISHED, YOU NEED TO PROMOTE IT – There’s one more thing to consider, too. Whether you decide to self-publish or seek a traditional publisher, get ready to do your own book promotion. Although traditional publishers will lend a hand, they have so many books to worry about that you’re basically on your own. (Of course, if you self-publish you’re entirely on your own in promoting it.) If you’ve talked to any of your colleagues who have written a book, you’ve probably heard them say something along the lines of “writing the book was easy compared to promoting it.” It’s true. Promoting yourself and your book is a whole new ball game.
Is There a Faster and Easier Way?
Now there is a faster and easier way to create the ultimate positioning tool to propel your business to new heights while gaining you more prestige and profits for the rest of your life! Remember, with the title of “author,” people see you as an expert. Once you’ve published your book, imagine how you can… command greater fees, charge higher prices, and lower price resistance among your clients and prospects. There is an easier way to accomplish author status without actually writing a whole book. Get your feet wet – start out with a manageable project and receive all of the same benefits, PLUS a few more.
Be a Contributing Author in a Compilation Book.
Why are compilation books a “Gold Mine” for authors?
- Additional Exposure – You can get your business and website in front of a whole new audience by being in a compilation book. You can catch the interest of many new people with your story. PLUS – Each of the authors will be selling or giving away numerous books to clients and friends who will read your story and check out your site.
- Increase Your Network – If you are in our compilation book, you have the opportunity to connect with other like-minded people who have created significant lives and cross-promote each other.
- Increased Credibility – Participating in a book with our featured authors will give you added credibility and open up more opportunities.
- You Will Make Money – As one of the authors, you will be able to buy the book at wholesale and sell it at retail price, which can increase your income.
You can receive all of these benefits in only a few months.
why become an author